Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 32-36 Michael G
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 17:33:23 +0200

Michael,

I agree with the other Michael--just shoot and show what you feel like shooting
and showing. This is YOUR project, and at the end of the day the person you have
to please is yourself and your family. I like some of your pictures more than
others, of course, but if you force yourself to shoot something that does not
really interest you just to earn LUG accolades, you will not produce good work.

And family is important...I am about to post a link to some shots I took this
summer in Israel--virtually all of them are family pictures because that was the
focus of my visit there (a wedding in the family) and because my family is also
scattered around the world and we only get together on rare occasions.

Nathan

Michael Gerard wrote:

> Michael,
>     Good words of advice.  As you suggest, I do take other pictures, I just
> haven't posted them as my free web hosting is rather limited in size, and this
> page doubles as my site for sharing photos with family who are scattered
> across the world.
>     I am trying to avoid the cliched "posing in front of the Grand
> Canyon/Washington Monument/World's Largest Ball of Twine pictures."  I'm
> trying to rethink where I shoot from, what kind of light I look for, etc.
> Looking at the fine pictures posted on the LUG and in the PAW group really
> helps expand my sense of what photography can be.
>     Thank you for the helpful comments.  I will keep at it.
> Regards,
> Michael

- --
Nathan Wajsman