Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 rapid loading take up spool
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:05:41 +0200

Before you insert the film you may want  to check that the film
advance lever has been moved as far as possible to the right (I.e. as
you  do to transport the film the before taking a picture when there
is film in the camera) . That ensures the correct position of the
take  up spool.

When you get more advanced and want to get 38 negatives on each roll,
then you advance the lever just one third, making sure that the take
up spool is in exactly the same position as it would be when the
lever is fully to the right.

Did you make sure that the film got deep enough into the camera, I
mean the film with the cassette, not the film end)? Best way to
ensure this is to put the film in with the back cover almost closed,
and then push the film end into the take up spool with your little
finger. Then open the back to see that it has gone in all the way in
and is placed paralell to the film rails. Normally this check is not
necessary if you load with the back door almost closed

Chris