Subject: [Leica] Re: 90 Elmarit Experiences?
From: Christer Almqvist <>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 09:35:50 +0200

>, my Tele-Elmarit is the best
>portrait lens I've ever used.
>Gary Todoroff
>Tree LUGger

I can second that 100%. I have had one for a few years and I now have
a f/2.0 APO-ASPH 90 mm.
The Tele-Elmarit is much lighter, much smaller and (used) much, much
cheaper (in the positive sense of the word) than the APO-ASPH.  It
also has a much, much better sun shade. The one stop lost in
comparison with the 2.0 is of no relevance for portraits as shooting
at less than f/5.6 gives a too shallow depth of field for most
practical purposes.

There are other occasions (theatre) where the APO-ASPH may have
advantages, but not for portraits.

All of the portraits shown at were shot
with the Tele-Elmarit. the one shown at are shot with APO_ASPH

>>  looking for general experiences with the 90 elmarit for portraiture.
>>  Like - dislikes?
>  >
>  > Eric

- --
Christer Almqvist
D 20255 Hamburg and / or
F 50590 Regnéville sur Mer

please look at my b+w pictures at:

Message from "Gary Todoroff" <> ([Leica] Re: 90 Elmarit Experiences?)