Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Success crisis Me too's.
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:10:53 -0800

Maybe we should be more aware of clipping our posts in this sense as well.....

"Me to!" posts are discouraged.
But i see big long paw posts and at the top of it the current message is:

Nice shots Harry!!!

I think those are in effect "me too" posts and the inciters should be stockaded.
They are many of them and responsible for most of the wasted bandwidth.

We've got to stop slapping each other on the back. It's boring and wastefull.
We've gotten beyond "Gee you shot a roll of film and scanned one of them
and uploaded it!".

And nail the banal and mediocre, pretentious and off topic, and the
technically needy.
Only PAW replies which go into real critical detail should be allowed.
And by critical i don't mean negative.
If the shot works then perhaps we have an unusual reason why we think it
does so.

By the way it's not completely clear to me if non Leica Paws are Kosher
or not.

Boring criticism makes for boring pictures and a boring lug.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Message from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Success crisis)