Subject: RE: [Leica] My Leica...Bad Experience!
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:14:40 -0500

I am with John on this one. A Leica IS a toaster. It IS a power drill. It IS
a dishwasher. It is a top of the line TOOL, but like any other top of the
line tool, it should be checked out when purchased. Why, why, why would
anyone spend $1900 for a camera body, $800-2500 for a lens, and then not
take a single photo with it for three months - if they are not in the
hospital or are not dealing with some Godawful life crisis that prevents
them from using their new tool.

"Fault" or "blame" is not the issue here. But reality is. There are no
longer any perfect products - if there ever were. (I'm willing to bet that,
like any other cars, Porches and Ferraris come with defects and are subject
to recalls.)

Legendary Leica, sure. Perfect tool that doesn't need to be checked out?
Come on!

B. D.