Subject: RE: [Leica] going beyond family photography
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:49:01 -0500

Damn, Steve - I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or mean this last
time...Sorry...AND I hadn't read the message carefully enough and thought I
was responding to another Steve...Not Doctor Steve..;-)

And as to raising the standards, my point was that taking photos of nudes,
trees, and sidewalk cafes has nothing to do with raising standards. We raise
the standards by working at our photography every time we make photos; by
thinking about what we are shooting and why we are shooting it; by carefully
thinking about what we want the photo to look like before we push the
shutter release; and by making sure that there is some meaning to the images
we are making. Seriousness depends upon the photographer, not the subject.
IMNHO.:-)

B.D.