Subject: [Leica] Kids and Rocks . . .
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 07:53:17 -0600

Thanks Marc,  for the nice comment about the flag shot.  I don't condemn
landscapes at all.

Like Rabiner, I sometimes become exuberant in my answers.  It is quite
likely that I'll post a landscape shot this week, as I think I have a lovely
one in my camera.

I do believe though that (most) landscapes that I have done required far
less thought, bravery, and effort than (most) people shots I have taken.

I shot landscapes as part of my job for several years.  I worked at a TV
station in New Orleans, and it was my responsibility to shoot the station ID
slides,  scenes from New Orleans.

Those shots gave me a huge audience for my pictures, but I think they may
have made me a little less interested in the landscape.

As far as my remark "Pictures of sunsets and trees and rocks are just our
documentation of how well God did his job."   I think any tree, sunset or
rock makes a better picture with a person in the foreground.