Subject: [Leica] Rules of the ....
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 07:39:03 -0600

> sonny:
>
> > from the small towns charms the big city guys, just as the photographs
> > from
> > Paris wows us rednecks and other hicks.

> brad daly  sez
> are you positing that "redneck" is a subset of "hick"?

Hmmm.  The redneck is not a subset of hick.  I've heard it said the redneck
is the only ethnic group one can ridicule any more, because no one claims to
be one.

I understand the term "redneck," btw, came from a description of the red
scarves worn by Scots who fought on the side of the South in the War Between
the States.

That probably described my great-great grandfather, a Scot who was a member
of the North Carolina Infantry for the entire war.

And, to remain on-topic, I took my Leica to Union Hill Cemetery recently to
photograph his and other family graves.

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com