Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 TTL meter
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:20:14 +0200

Hi Feli and welcome to the club of Leica addicts,

The metering pattern is about 2/3 of the relevant framelines, as explained
in the manual. So it can best be described as a center-weighted system.

As for purchasing lenses, the answer depends on where in the world you are.
If in the US, then B&H, Tamarkin or the dealers who advertise here on the
LUG (today is Friday, so you will see their ads) are good choices. If you
are in Europe, then there are several online shops in Germany that have by
far the best prices on this side of the Atlantic.

Nathan

Feliciano di Giorgio wrote:

> Hello-
>
> Last week I purchased my first Leica, a M6 which at this point will
> have to be pryed out of my cold dead hands, and I have a question
> regarding the meter. Is it more of a spot type than a averaging system?
> I defiantly get different readings dependent on what I aim the patch
> at.
>
> I am also looking for good sources to purchase lenses from.
> Links to websites would be great.
>
> thanks,
>
> feli

>  "It's truly one of those shows where you just keep expecting Allen Funt
>  to come bursting out from behind some 2-way mirror and explain that
>  you've been on candid camera for 3 years."
>                        -Ethan Ormsby on the status of production, 1999
>         Feli di Giorgio * Compositing Supervisor * DIGITAL DOMAIN
>                               feli@d2.com * Ext. 3074

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland