Subject: Re: [Leica] A new VF magnifier?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 18:02:52 -0400

At 04:01 PM 8/30/01 -0400, CHRISTOPHER.CHEN@customs.treas.gov wrote:
>Actually, the post-WWII 85/135 mask (model #563/03, the 1 that fits around
>the viewfinder & over the strap lug) did have parallax correction.  The
>pre-WWII mask for the II (model #543/7, that fits into the accessory shoe)
>lacked parallax correction.  However, I agree that they're not always the
>most useful accessories around, particularly when shooting indoors, as
>they make the already relatively dim Contax viewfinders even darker.

I'd suggest you have the RF/VF assemblies on your Contaces cleaned, Mr
Chen.  The Contax has the cleanest, brightest such unit ever placed on an
RF camera.  Puts all my M's to shame, they do.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> ([Leica] M6 TTL meter)