Subject: Re: [Leica] A new VF magnifier?
From: "David Kieltyka" <>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:32:07 -0400

Hi Christopher. Actually I was referring to the Contax's standard VF when I
mentioned the lack of parallax correction. But re-reading my post I see this
isn't exactly clear. You're right about the finder mask...I have the 563/03.
I've only used it a few times, mainly because I have to disconnect my strap
from the finder-side lug to fit it on properly. I guess I could get another
IIa or IIIa and dedicate it to the 85 and 135mm lenses! But, yes, the mask
makes the finder uncomfortably dim IMO. So I use a nice Nikon varifocal
finder instead.

Take care.

- -Dave-