Subject: QC (sigh) again (was: Re: [Leica] Campagnolo vs. Hexar now Rangefinder Heaven)
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 16:14:59 -0400 (EDT)

- ------Original Message------
From: SthRosner@aol.com
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Sent: May 18, 2001 7:54:35 PM GMT

While on very rare occasion a piece of equipment had to be returned or
repaired, there was never this level of frightening quality problems from
Leitz Wetzlar.
<<<

Not true.  My first Leicaflex SL, purchased new (old stock) in 1980 had to
be returned twice for service under warranty; my 400mm f/6.8 Telyt (new,
1980) had loose screws in the filter slot cover and the focus guide rods
were sticky; likewise my 60mm Macro lens (new, 1981) had a couple of loose
screws.  Once these QC problems were fixed, the stuff worked great.

I've only purchased one other new piece of Leica photo equipment, an R4s
body that worked perfectly.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com