Subject: 100mm as normal lens? (was: Re: [Leica] Useful discussion or black tape?)
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 17:47:53 -0400 (EDT)

- ------Original Message------
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Sent: May 18, 2001 9:21:58 PM GMT
Subject: Re: [Leica] Useful discussion or black tape?

Let me ask.    How many LUGnuts would consider using the R 100mm 2.8 macro
or any 100 mm lens, as a "normal lens?"  Or as a better than 50mm for a
broad base of shooting opportunities?

Think about it for a moment before answering and imagine the opportunities
one can use this interesting lens for;  as a kind of general use, scenic,
close-up, portrait, macro, copying and a bunch more situations. One can even
use a 2X extender and make it quickly into a 200 mm lens or be bold and add
a macro extender turning the standard macro into a super macro for real
inside water drop images.

Any thoughts folks along the use of this lens?
ted
<<<

Yup it's a real handy lens for all the reasons you mentioned but the 100
APO-Macro is rather bulky.  I'll use the 90mm Summicron-R for many of these
tasks, and with an Elpro plus Macro adapter it will handle some of the
close-up stuff too.  Sometimes I'll go all day using just this lens.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> ([Leica] Re: 100mm as normal lens? (was: Useful discussion or black tape?))