Subject: Re: photo technique = image quality? [Leica] Erwin, photographic technique
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 20:35:47 -0400

Guy Bennett jotted down the following:

> not wishing to appear heretic to the technically-minded among us, i must
> say that hard core 'zone system' photographs frequently fall into this
> category for me. in terms of tonal richness, they can be outstanding, but
> they fail to impress me as images.

Couldn't agree with you more.  Don't know how many technically fabulous,
zone-system photographs I've seen in prints and magazines which have
stunning tonal ranges and leave me absolutely stone cold.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                | It never ceases to amaze me how people con-
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU  | sistently pay more attention to *how* you
email: howard.390@osu.edu    | say something, than *what* you say.  (Anon)

Replies: Reply from "Bob Stack" <ticino@earthlink.net> (Re: photo technique = image quality? [Leica] Erwin, photographictechnique)
Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> ([Leica] Re: photo technique = image quality?)