Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V17 #208
From: "Tony Woo" <tonywoo@netvigator.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:36:05 +0800

A clean (100% cotton) cloth baby diaper, plus a clean moist breath on the
lens (preferably after a drink of warm water) works best for me, better than
any cleaner compound with tissue or the expensive chamois-leather.

Just clean the diaper afterwards in the washer and dryer (with NO fabric
softener), it would be good as new again.

In the case of a dirty filter, I use dish washing liquid and rub it with my
fingers.  I then rinse it thoroughly under a faucet, dry with clean cotton
diaper and then leave it in a relatively dust free environment (e.g.. glass
enclosed dishes or trophies cabinet), stand the filter up on its side and
let it air for about 2 days to rid it of any residual moisture.  I get very
good results regularly with this process for my Leica filters including
polarizers.

Tony Woo