Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens Cleaning Process
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 21:51:50 +0200

Dust is easy, just blow it away with dry compressed air if at home, or with
an ear syringe (is that what they are called?) which you can buy in every
drug store, when on the road.

For fingerprints and other sticky stuff I just use lens cleaning fluid
(whatever brand the nearest camera shop has)  and the Kodak cleaning tissues.
I have never scratched a lens this way.

Nathan

John Campbell wrote:

> I would be interested in the process people use to clean their lenses.
> What is the safest way to clean off dust, fingerprints (hey, it happens!)
> and everything else that seems to find it's way on to the front element.
> Even on my newer Leica lenses which I know have a modern hard coating I
> feel like touching that piece of glass with any chemical, cloth or brush
> is somekind of violation and the image quality will never be the same.
>
> J.K. (will use a teeshirt on my Nikon lens) Campbell

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator