Subject: Re: [Leica] chip wrappings & ultimately meaningless photos
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:36:48 -0400

>History will decide which photos were worth remembering. We're
>probably too close in time to make that sort of judgement - the
>Victorians regarded Stainer as the English Beethoven, but how many of
>us can whistle or hum a bar or two of Stainer?
>Regards,
>
>Doug Richardson
>(who is ready to be flamed by all the Stainer fans on the LUG)

I for one, simply cannot get "Cross of Jesus" from Stainer's oratorio "The
Crucifixion" out of my head. (Which is sheer torture considering I'm an
American, a Pagan and really don't care for church music of any period much
after Bach's attempt at a Baroque revival.) Your Sir John Stainer was a
sheer musical Genius!
;-)
Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube