Subject: Re: [Leica] Tell Me About This Lens and Charlton Heston
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 11:51:05 -0700

Bill Satterfield wrote:

> I have one too and get really sharp pictures. Photography magazine rated it a
> better lens than the 90/2 lens. It is a lot easier to carry around too. I got
> one of the last batch made in Germany before production was ceased. See Steve
> Gandy's web site for info on this lens. Etching on the rear element occurs in
> about 5% of the lens. Bower's book speaks favorably of the lens. I am
> considering selling my mint 90/2 because it is too heavy and I like the 2.8 for
> carrying around.

As many here know I was one with a bum Tele-Elmarit.
I moved up to the current Elmarit and I sure don't carry that lens around with
me as much.
But it's the difference in quality between black and white. I'll never go back.
I'd like Leica to come out with a 75 2.5.
I am willing them to.  I think I will succeed! Mind over matter!
Mark Rabiner

Message from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@cyberhighway.net> (Re: [Leica] Tell Me About This Lens and Charlton Heston)