Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Heiland Splitgrade
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 11:43:39 -0700

><Snip>
> Basically I agree with you.  I am not thinking that this system will give me
> fine prints on the first try, but will get me a reasonable straight print
> quickly that i can then refine and print more expressively. ><Snip>
> Regards,
> Richard Wasserman

But once you've got that first print where do you go from there without a test strip?
A test strip gives you invaluable information about the potential and
limitations of your particular negative.
With split printing your test strip gives you both contrast as well as Density
information as you can go vertically with one filter and horizontally with
another and end up with a grid.
Mark Rabiner