Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Heiland Splitgrade
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:14:31 EDT

In a message dated 06/07/2000 6:02:20 AM, Mr. Rabiner wrote:

<<You wanna have a handle on your printing in the darkroom you need to be
looking
at your test strips.
It's not often I disagree with Erins views. But I'm not for a P for program
enlarging system.
I think such systems are for photographers who want their assistants to print
their weddings faster.
Not fine art printing or quality commercial printing.>>

Mark,

Basically I agree with you.  I am not thinking that this system will give me
fine prints on the first try, but will get me a reasonable straight print
quickly that i can then refine and print more expressively.  I like to print
everything that looks interesting on the contacts to 8x10, and then after
I've had a chance to study them, go back and and do better prints.  I
consider the first round of printing to be enlarged contacts.  My darkroom
time is very limited and the Heiland sounds like it might make what time I do
have more efficient.  We'll see...

Regards,
Richard Wasserman

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] OT Heiland Splitgrade)