Subject: Re: [Leica] Tell Me About This Lens and Charlton Heston
From: Bill Satterfield <cwsat@cyberhighway.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 08:37:17 -0500

I have one too and get really sharp pictures. Photography magazine rated it a
better lens than the 90/2 lens. It is a lot easier to carry around too. I got
one of the last batch made in Germany before production was ceased. See Steve
Gandy's web site for info on this lens. Etching on the rear element occurs in
about 5% of the lens. Bower's book speaks favorably of the lens. I am
considering selling my mint 90/2 because it is too heavy and I like the 2.8 for
carrying around.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Tell Me About This Lens and Charlton Heston)