Subject: Re: [Leica] Rebates
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 12:47:20 -0400

Dan wrote:  "...a nice way to get float on their money."

True...but it may not be to Leitz's benefit.

I'm the marketing manager at a high tech company which offers rebates to
buyers of certain products.  We are constantly receiving customer complaints
about delayed rebates.  Why?  Because our rebate funds are dispersed by a
third party...as they are in many companies -- Leitz included, perhaps --
and that's the source of problems.  We have switched rebate handlers three
times with similar results.  We'd handle the rebates ourselves, but the
processing is simply too unwieldy for an understaffed firm.  Maybe Leitz is
in a similar situation.

Craig
Boston

Replies: Reply from John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu> (Re: [Leica] Rebates)