Subject: Re: [Leica] Rebates
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 11:09:13 -0500

Hey Dan,

>I sent my warranty cards and rebate coupons off to Leica six weeks ago.  I
>received my passport cards two weeks later, but have yet to receive any
>rebate check.  How long does it take typically to get that?  I'm just
>wondering when/if I should start pestering Leica.

I had the same experience with my new R8 which I bought May 11.  I called
Leica and they told me they had processed the rebate but I probably
wouldn't get the check for another 4 weeks or so.  It seems they do it in
batches.

I also asked about the 5 years warranty, as the passport card only said 3
years.  They told me that 5 years in correct and I have warranty until
2005.  They are sending me a printout of this.

I nice way to get float on their money.

Take care,

Dick Hemingway
Plano, TX