Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Techniques Please?
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 19:45:59 -0700

> > >Ha!!! Delta 3200 sez 3200 on the BOX!  But it's a lie.
> > then what is it? i've had good results at both 3200 and 1600.
> > what is it's *true* rating and how is that determined?

Hi everyone,

     Well, it depends.  I've got a roll of Delta 3200 and I was wondering
the same.  No matter how long you develop the film, the shadow areas
do not increase much in density.  On the box, Delta 3200 gives different
development times, increasing for 400, 800, 1600 and 3200.  Personally,
a think a rating of 3200 is going to crush the shadows.  If the film is
being rated at 3200, it's more than likely that the lighting will be
very contrasty, that is, stage lighting, street and window lighting at
night, where the shadow areas are too low a value to record at any speed,
so the high rating is workable.

					Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net