Subject: [Leica] M6 or separate meter ??
From: "Xavier Planellas" <xplanell@openbank.es>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:01:25 -0800

Ted,

I can understand your point of view about using an M6 instead a
separate meter but I raised the question about meters because :

1.- I have 2 Leica bodies : M2 and M3
2.- I don't have enough funds to buy now an M6
3.- I feel more comfortable taking ambient/reflected light readings
than using one integrated camera meter.
4.- I also need the meter for working with my 8x10 View Camera

Thanks to all people answered my question and expressed their
preferences about meters.

To people that suggested MR or MR4 meters, I have to tell you that
I own one MR meter but it has been a bad experience : first I broke
down the plastic battery cover and later the meter stopped working,
appart from getting several marks in my chrome M2.

I haven't decided yet about the meter but considerring your
comments my decision will be between the Sekonic 408 and the
Gossens Luna Pro SBC or Luna Star F2.

Best regards,

Xavier