Subject: Re: [Leica] How to develop TriX for best results?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:03:42 -0700

Lutz Konermann wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm a newbie to the LUG and keep reading praise on TriX in your mails.
> I've had a good time with Ilford's FP4 (developped with the late
> Promicrol, sob...)><Snip>
> Could you please be so kind as to point me out, which is the best
> developer/dilution/temperature/time as for your darkroom experiences - be
> it the nominal 400ASA or pushing it to 800ASA?
>
> Thanx in advance,
> Lutz Konermann

Having been getting spectacular results with Tri X and Xtol for a year,
previously Rodinol I am giving the Delta films a shot 100/400/3200. My
preliminary tests indicate Delta films being a step up in producing I'm gonna
say "clarity" from the always excellent and forgiving Tri X. I'm shooting Deltas
for a year and I'll tell you the results when I'm done. I think it will be less
forgiving being a modern but the solid boost in clarity is gonna make it worth
it I think. And worth the extra change.
Mark Rabiner