Subject: Re: [Leica] How to develop TriX for best results?
From: Bill Carson <poppie@fidalgo.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:56:19 -0700

Hi Lutz:  Here are details of the magic I use to obtain great negatives in
35mm :  Tri-X prior to expiration date exposed at ASA 320.  Stored at ±0°F
until use.  Use at least 12 ounces of dilute developer for one roll and 32
ounces for four rolls.  D-76 EK powder disolved in distilled water.  Filter
before use.  Diluted 1:1 with distilled water for use.  Use at exactly 68°F
for 7½ minutes timing from when tank is full to time to dump.  Agitate by
swirling and inverting tank about ten seconds at start and for about five
seconds every 30 seconds until time to pour the used developer down the
drain.  Follow with tap water at 68°F±0°F for a minute or two without
agitation and fix with EK Rapid Fix, [Film Dilution] w/o Hardner at 68°F.
After washing in >ten changes of tap water at 68°F with generous agitation
and one to two minutes standing in in tapwater at 68°F, with a capfull of EK
Photo-Flo 200, hang and wipe once with a clean viscous sponge-set after a
quick rinse in running tap water still at 68°F.  That's it!  Good Luck.  Bill
Carson