Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw this ('n'that)
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:54:52 -0700

Mike Johnston wrote:

> Dennis: >>>Loading, rewinding, etc, etc, not really bad when you get
> used to it.
> Granted we are talking a user-shooter, not a pro out to return with the
> bread and butter.
>
> Lens? I prefer an f/2 capable but the old collapsed f3.5 Elmar sure
> makes a compact package.  Yes, the Summitar and Summicron collapse but
> not nearly so flush as the Elmar.
>
> Just do it Mike ;) and tell all about it.<<<
>
> Yesterday I went by to my formerly local camera emporium, Oak Park
> Camera (now owned by Helix) which used to be around the corner from
> where I lived and now is 60 miles away, and played with a "Barnack
> camera" for only the second time. ><Snip>

I was sent there from the Wolf camera store 8 blocks away last Wednesday when I
was out looking for some delta 3200 film for the Chicago shoots. What a true
camera store that is! Not many of those in particleboardville anymore. Of course
Oak Park is not Particleboardville. Loved rummaging through the draws filled
with filters and gizmos. Our salesman was quite a personality.
Lots of Viso's and so on! Didn't get to hold a Barnack but did much of that with
all the guys at the various days of the meeting and the swap meet at the end Sunday.
Mark Rabiner