Subject: Re: [Leica] How to develop TriX for best results?
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 18:44:32 -0700 (PDT)

Tri-X in D-76 1:1 is the classic combination, which renders classic
1960s-1970s grain and tonal scale. Many people love it still. I, frankly,
was never as fond of Tri-X as I was of Plus-X rated at 320, developed in
Acufine. Plus-X has never changed, Tri-X has seen some development and
improvement over the years.

Nowadays, I use TMax 100 and TMax 400 more. As well as Ilford Delta Pro. I
usually process in either HC-110 or XTOL 1:1. HC-110 is much like D-76 in
character but it's a gen concentrate and easier to live with for me. XTOL
1:1 produces smoother tonalities and tighter grain.

Those who prefer Tri-X and D-76 can recommend more how to push it, but
it's not a big win for me.

Godfrey