Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw this ('n'that)
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 22:36:06 -0700

I got a tremendous amount of mileage out of the dirt cheap IIc and IIf
bodies I bought in New York when I was 15. Two bodies, a 35/3.5 Elmar and
a 50/2 Summitar, all beat up and nasty, cost me $100 in 1969. That was
the better part of a year's savings.

The viewfinders always bugged me, I couldn't see well with them, but I
carried them everywhere and took a lot of pictures with them. I doubt the
objective quality would stand against the Summicron-M 35/2 ASPH I'm using
today, but the pictures were delightful to me then and now.

One I lost in Mexico in '76 or so, the other I sold in '81 when I sold
the IIIf I'd inherited too. I bought my first M (the M3) then.

Go for it, Mike. You'll enjoy an older Leica, I'm sure.

Godfrey