Subject: Re: [Leica] Have High Hopes for Heliar
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:08:01 EDT

In a message dated 6/24/99 5:52:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<< And to be perfectly honest, I'm happier using my battered old Nikon F and
 105 2.5 than I am my 90 Summicron...(For God's sake don't tell Dr. Black
 Tape!) By the time I get up to that length, I like the magnification of the
 reflex, and since I'm not making chromes or 106x225 blow-ups, the 105 2.5
 Nikor, and 180 2.8 ED are just fine, thank you very much. Would I take an
 R6.2 and 90 and 180 Leica R lenses if they were given to me? Of course. But
 I don't think they're going to be, so what was good enough for virtually
 everyone whose work is preserved in Requium is good enough for me..

 B. D. >>

I listened to everyone talking about how my poor old Nikon lenses just don't
cut it compared to the R lenses and realized the sad truth of what I had to
do.  So I went out and bought a Hasselblad.