Subject: RE: [Leica] Re:m-6 film scratching.
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:23:21 -0000

> Gary,  ( Ogden)
>
> Maybe your M6 can use the Leica cassettes, mine can but the later ones
> can't. If you're unsure then look at the baseplate locking spigot, on the
> inside of the camera (baseplate), if you see an ring with a gap in it then
> this is the means to unlock the cassette. Now you can borrow a cassette
> (e-mail me if you want) and try it, it has the advantage of allowing the
> film to travel freely in both directions without passing any felt or light
> traps.
	I suspect though, that if the film was fresh then the problem may be
elsewhere. You haven't told us about your drying technique (and this subject
was discussed extensively here recently) presumeably you don't squeegee or
wipe the film with your fingers after washing and before drying? If you do,
then could this be the cause?

	Jem