Subject: RE: [Leica] on motorcycle
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:47:43 -0000

Christer,

I really can't imagine that magnets near the Leica would do any damage
(unlike TV screens etc.) but it brought to mind the surreal concept that it
might affect the silver particles on the film if they weren't held in place
by the gelatine layer!

Imagine those iron filing filled children's toys where you re-arrange the
hair on a bald man's head, know what I mean? It would be dreadful to think
of your best shots having the highlights dragged into the shadows and vice
versa!

Thank goodness for gelatine! (and the non magnetic properties of silver) ;-)

Jem