Subject: [Leica] Barletts and Leica
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:27:51 -0800

Doug Herr wrote:

> This evening the Sacramento area PBS station re-broadcast Des & Jen
> Bartlett's documentary of natural life along the Skeleton Coast of Namibia
>
> Jen is shown in the early years using an M

Interesting coincidence just happened.  I had read your post and 30
seconds later Jerramiah Sullivan, a photographer with a studio in my
same building, walked in, started playing with the Ms on my desk.  I
asked him if he had ever used them.  He said years ago when he traveled
with friends Des and Jen Barlett and used theirs.  I had not even
mentioned your post.  He said they had piles of Leica gear.  "Why did
they use Leica," I asked.  "They're the best, aren't they?, he asked.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego