Subject: Re: [Leica] long lens tests
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 15:03:11 -0800

- --------------13B3F3740EA49A7B9588F985

Peter,
I can only add that I have seen side by side comparisons of the Canon versus the
Nikon.  One of my studio mates has just gone back to Nikon after some years with
Canon (for one thing, said he couldn';t afford the repair bills and being
without gear so often).  The Nikon is unquestionably sharper and especially
richer in color.  Plus the F5 shot rings around the Canon AF.  All latest.  Joel
does baseball and football, mostly, so important to him.  Me, I just use all my
AF lenses on manual anyway.  And just had my first magazine cover shot with new
M6TTL (though they did use some Nikon stuff on the inside.)

donal

"Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" wrote:

> Eric,
>
> I think the others have done a good job of defending themselves.  Not one
> indicated in "black & white" or color that they compared the Canon 400mm to
> the Leica 400mm.  There is also 2 version of the Canon 400mm, so which was
> it, old or new? I was just commenting, you are now the one shooting your
> mouth off to defend others and gain brownie points.
>
> Peter K
>
> > ----------

- --
Donal Philby