Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom questions
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 13:50:48 -0400

At 01:00 PM 10/21/98 -0500, you wrote:

>2. a bathroom exhaust fan from Home Depot for ventilation.  (The room is
>just under 9' X 6' and we can vent to the outside.)  Is it necessary to
>have a fresh air intake as well?

Yes, and be careful with the exhaust fan.  The bathroom kind are not made
to be light tight.  The darkroom ones are not very expensive.  Mount the
exhaust fan over your trays and the fresh air intake on the other side of
the room so that fresh air is always replacing the fumes.  If you plan to
use color chemicals or toners, you need a stronger fan or even a fume hood.
 Have fun!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP