Subject: [Leica] Darkroom questions
From: Mary & Stan Kephart <kephartol@att.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 98 13:00:32 -0500

Hi Everyone,

Boy, am I glad the LUG is back!

I'm planning a small darkroom and would like some feedback.  A friend, a
retired engineer, is helping, who has develped and printed film since his
teens, tho not as a professional or an artist.  He recommends:

1. a laundry sink with a counter to the side for the trays.  This an
economical approach, a regular darkroom sink costs 3 to 4 times as much.
Is it worth the difference?

2. a bathroom exhaust fan from Home Depot for ventilation.  (The room is
just under 9' X 6' and we can vent to the outside.)  Is it necessary to
have a fresh air intake as well?

Othere consideration:

Keeping chemicals at a constant temp without a regulator on the faucet.

We picked up my V35 from Leica yesterday and it looks great!  The
autofocus seems to be working fine.

MK