Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W / Color--Kodalure?
From: Mary & Stan Kephart <kephartol@att.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 98 14:31:15 -0500

Jim Brick wrote:

<<...I had to give some history to show that I've paid my dues in B&W...>>

Hi Jim,

Thanks for sharing your experiences.  I read with interest.

I'm still a new Leica-user (about 1 1/2 years).  Last year most of my
work was in color.  I had the privilege of taking pictures of Baba
Olatunji and Peter Yarrow at a special peace concert last January.  I
used the Noctilux I had just bought and Fuji 800 film.  The lighting was
abysmal--orangy backlights were very distracting from the subjects.  I
considered having the lab re-print them with a cool filter, but having
seen the results of this before, didn't think it was a viable solution.
Finally it came to me to have some of the photos reprinted in black and
white.  What a difference!  Suddenly the faces and action became the
point of interest, not the orange backlight!  One of the first things I
want to do when I get set up is reprint some of my color work in B&W.

Can any of you recommend Kodalure??

MK

PS

I saw a trailer for a movie called "Pleasantville."  It looks like the
film goes from B&W to color as the story moves on.  Might be
interesting....M