Subject: Re: [Leica] screw-in filters with an M camera - metering
From: jimbrick@photoaccess.com (Jim Brick)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 14:08:09 -0700

I use a polarizer a lot with my 4x5 Linhof Field camera. It does not have
TTL metering. This is why, when I bought a new meter (6 or 8 years ago) I
bought the Gossen F2. Besides being "instant on", it has a filter
compensation feature the will automatically figure in a filter factor to
the reading. It will actually figure out the exact filter factor for you if
you wish. You can take a reference reading through the filter and it will
store the factor that it sees for subsequent readings. Cool meter.

Jim

At 02:28 PM 9/30/98 -0400, you wrote:
>You can do the two-filter deal with all M cameras, but only with
>the through-lens meter ones can you also adjust for exposure due
>to increased filtration density. How do people do this QUICKLY.
>Ed

Jim Brick
(650) 470-1132

http://www.photoaccess.com