Subject: Re: [Leica] Dan's R7
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 18:05:39 -0400

Jim-
Actually, I agree with you! My tongue was firmly in my cheek. In fact I
don't consider even the IIIf to be 'obsolete'- it does what I want it to do,
and it does it wonderfully! To me, the M-3 is like an M-6 without the meter!
The R7? At times, it is too much on the cutting edge! It has features I
rarely use, but it does have TTL flash capability which I need occasionally,
otherwise the SL is the simple workhorse for a lot of what I do.
I have a morbid fear that I will end up like the gentleman who came into our
store on numerous occasions to buy N***n equipment- he has assembled
15-20,000 dollars worth of camera and lenses- using an N90 mostly, BUT HE
SHOOTS EVERYTHING ON PROGRAM! His last trip- I did 42 rolls of film and it
was all the same density! Needless to say, I love printing his stuff, but I
still like to be in the 'driver's seat' with cars and cameras!
We all bask in the light,
But LUGgers Leica the night!
Dan
dwpost@msn.com