Subject: Re: [Leica] Invert or rotate
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 12:20:49 EDT

Ben, I have always been using the inversion method, even with the Paterson
tanks. The only time I go for the rotating method is when I do Delta 100 film.
For some reason it foams like crazy if you invert it. It actually can stop
liquid from moving around. When you pop the cap it looks like a overflowing
washing machine!!! With the rotating method it still foams, but not as badly.
Ilford must have some agent incorporated in the emulsion that creates this
"mini-volcano". It does not occur with any other films, it is Ilford specific.
I use 5 reel tanks for all my processing and invert twice every 60 sec, seems
tp work OK ( at least has for the last 30 years).
Tom A