Subject: Re: [Leica] Don't be shy (was wedding newbie)
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:54:51 -0700

> From: Ted Grant
>
> Great photographs "are found!" The fleeting twinkle in the eye of a
child,
> the wrinkled hands of an aged person, the dead and dying in wars and
> famine.  Sure anticipation has a lot to do with it, just as timing has
> everything to do with photography. But it isn't up to the true
> photojournalist to give anything a ""prod""....as that is interfering
with
> the way life is and has nothing to do with being an unobtrusive candid
> photographer.

"Photography . . . seizes the instant in it flight. Approach the subject on
tiptoe, even if it is a still life. Let your steps be velvet but your eye
keen." Henri Cartier-Bresson

"My eyes look out from my head, a simple room. The inside is filled with
the clutter of tools and techniques - a plain place, but the view is good"
Gary Todoroff