Subject: Re: [Leica] E39 filter holder
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 21:58:41 -0700

Thanks to everyone who contributed their ideas for compact filter storage;
to summarize:

Carl S. mentioned the use of a CD holder for larger filters, and "something
similar" for smaller ones. Floppy disk holders, perhaps? Definitely worth a
look.

Dennis Painter suggested coin collector wallets (I had never realized that
such existed, and will definitely look into these, as I imagine these would
be made of good, non-reactive materials.

Jeff Alford recommended a product by Sun Dog, which I will look into. The
Domke wallet has thus far been okay for me for larger filters, though I've
scratched a Series P Cokin in it (wonder if I can get the same basic thing,
in coated glass?)

B.D. Colen advocated the use of a clamshell-type eyeglass case, and wrapping
individual filters in microfiber cloth: I'm not sure I want to be unwrapping
small objects on a windy day, in tall grass, but I can see where small cases
of the sort might be very good for keeping one's lens cleaning supplies
together.

Jeremy Kime mentioned Kodak "flat packs" which are unknown to me: I've
bought 100' spools, pro-packs and "bricks" but never anything resembling
this item?? I do occasionally make it to the UK and other overseas
destinations, and would like to know if these are still sold. I may have
some time to look in Hong Kong (and elsewhere in China) this summer.

Jeff