Subject: Re: [Leica] E39 filter holder
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:50:00 +0000

Jeff,
Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough, these slim 'flatpacks' are slide
boxes that come back from K'chrome processing. You can't buy them, except as
a by product of K'chrome slide film. When you open the pack, the slides are
lying there, flat, in three piles, instead of standing on their ends, in two
groups. Naturally, the 2"x2" slide format means that 39mm filters would slop
around a bit, but 48mm (and maybe 49mm) filters are a snug fit.
Jem

Jeremy Kime mentioned Kodak "flat packs" which are unknown to me: I've
bought 100' spools, pro-packs and "bricks" but never anything resembling
this item?? I do occasionally make it to the UK and other overseas
destinations, and would like to know if these are still sold. I may have
some time to look in Hong Kong (and elsewhere in China) this summer.

Jeff