Subject: [Leica] R8 lock up
From: MyersPete@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 01:41:05 EST

In regard to the R8 lockup; I have had this happen too. It seems like when I
do not advance the film ALL the way, it can lock up. When it is locked up, I
use the film advance - and it is 'loose' all the way to the very, very end and
then takes up a bit and everything unlocks. The frame does not come out, but
the camera unlocks.

This is one of the reasons I am looking forward to the winder!

Ted, have you had this problem too? It makes me wonder if there is not a
problem problem with some production models. Hope not, cause my R35mm f2 lens
is still not here after the coating problem - still waiting!

Pete