Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 lock up
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 23:10:10 +0000

On 31 Jan 98 at 1:41, MyersPete@aol.com wrote:

> In regard to the R8 lockup; I have had this happen too. It seems
> like when I do not advance the film ALL the way, it can lock up.
> When it is locked up, I use the film advance - and it is 'loose' all
> the way to the very, very end and then takes up a bit and everything
> unlocks. The frame does not come out, but the camera unlocks.

I once had this happen with an R4s, which I understand has an
entirely different film transport (although possibly with an
analogous design).  It's alarming as anything -- the advance lever
flaps about and the shutter won't release and you can't rewind the
film or anything.  Finally you try running the advance lever a little
further forward and, Presto!  Everything's okay.

- -Patrick