To: "'leica-users'" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: RE: MR meters and top plates
From: KEVIN BURKE <KBURKE@iterated.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 96 13:07:00 EDT
Encoding: 30 TEXT

I noticed some marks on the M4-2 I used to have, so I put a little piece of
black electrical tape on the top plate under where the edge of the meter is.
I also used the tape to cover the engraving and red Leitz dot on the front
of
my M6 when I was trying a little street photography.  After several years,
the
slight "aging" of the finish of the exposed portions looked a little dull
compared to the protected areas.  The little rectangles of shiny finish
looked strange.  I guess I prefer I a trusted tool to aquire the look of
having
been used for the task.

 - Kevin

kburke@iterated.com