To: "'leica-users'" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Glasses, Ms & Brightline Finders
From: KEVIN BURKE <KBURKE@iterated.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 96 13:36:00 EDT
Encoding: 37 TEXT

>[...]
>- an added benefit).  Anyway, an item in the package was an accessory 28mm
>finder - WOW!  I have never used one of these things before but, boy, does
>it ever make life for a glasses wearer easier.  The image is so bright and
>clear.  It offers even more of what a viewfinder is all about than the
>camera itself - it's pure and uninhibited - it's all image and nothing
else.
>This is a precision optical piece and worth considering.  I'm sort of
>surprised I don't see more discussion of them on the list.  Now I figure I
>only need five more of them...
[...]

I picked up the 28mm birghtline finder earlier this year and had the same
reaction.
In fact, I was so impressed by what I could see that I became a bit
disappointed
with my 1980's vintage 21mm finder.  The exit pupil on the 28mm seems larger
and the image is very bright - maybe brighter than the viewfinder of my M6.

As a glasses wearer I could only see about 50-60% of the field of coverage
for
the 28mm through the M6.  With the finder I can see everything it shows
without
smashing trhe camera against my face.  For 35mm I see more of the image
field
losing the extreme corners mostly.  35mm viewing has been perfectly
acceptable
for my work.

I hope the view through the new 24mm finder is as nice as the view through
the
28mm brightline.

 - Kevin

kburke@iterated.com