To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: [Fwd: What to get: Leica R4, R4s, R5??]
From: Kevin Mayer <kmayer@halcyon.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 07:55:33 -0700

At 08:33 PM 9/12/96 -0700, you wrote:

>I am looking for a reasonable priced used Leica "R" body.
>There are quite a number of R4 ones for sale here in southern
>California, some more R4s and a very few R5.
>Concidering that I probably can live without some of the functions,
>I would appreciate any advise on the pro's and con's of the models?
>Anything to avoid? What would be a fair price in good condition?
>Will the R5 drop in price with the rumored introduction of a R ('8'?).
>Thanks in advance.
>Bernard

I know the earlier R4's had a metering problem that the factory updated upon
request. Other than that, it was a good body. I have an R-4 that I may be
selling if I can muster enough money for the R-8 when it comes out <g>. Mine
was just overhauled by the factory in February, and works great. A good
guide for used prices is Shutterbug magazine.

Kevin Mayer
Bear Creek Consulting
kmayer@bearcreeknet.com
http://bearcreeknet.com