To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: MR meters and top plates
From: Daniel Cardish <dcardish@spherenet.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 11:50:55 -0400

At 08:23 AM 6/10/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I'd be interested in the groups ideas about top plate
>scratches when putting MR meters on M cameras.  I was
>told that this is almost universal.  By concensus is this
>'true' and is there no way to put felt pads or something
>between the two metal surfaces.  TIA   ernie nitka

I had this problem with my old M4-P.  I bought it in mint codition, only to
find that the MR meter left scuff marks on the top plate.  Yet when I
examined the meter on the camera, there didn't seem to be enough free play
between the meter and the camera to make the marks.  This is the first I
have heard of others having this problem.

As far as my camera is concerned, may the person who stole it from me have
major problems trying to sell that camera in anything better than EXC
condition.  Serves him right!

Dan Cardish  <dcardish@spherenet.com>
                        <http://www.spherenet.com/dcardish/photo.htm>